EC fans, which have been on the market for several years, represent the future due to the enormous technical and economic advantages offered by this technology, namely:
- Adjustment No inverter-controlled or phase-cut AC motor can go down to such a low rpm. A major advantage especially for all season processing plants and night operations.
- No risk of abnormal vibrations at low rpm.
- Direct relation, in terms of energy consumption, between the lower rpm and the containment of power used. In other words, the EC fan uses less energy when it slows down. A logical relation not fully guaranteed by AC solutions with adjustment.
- Average life not affected by adjustment. Unlike AC motors which, although of excellent quality, have a shortened life span if adjusted by phase cut, the adjustment, even with highly variable rates, does not affect the durability or reliability of the fan with an EC motor.
- A single code for two frequencies, different voltages and two markets. The EC fan ranges from 380 to 460 V, 50/60 Hz and CE certification, as well as UL-CSA.
- Rapid payback. The EC fan, especially on types with 800-900 mm diameters, has a rapid payback and gives a return on investment in ten years around twice its value.
- Less bulky electrical panel due to the elimination of the regulator.
- No additional cost for shielded cable.